The confidentiality of your personal data is one of the main concerns of SC EMI EQUIPEMENT MAINTENANCE INDUSTRIE SA, with registered office in Căteasca, Argeş County, as the personal data controller (the “Company” or “EMI”).
This document is intended to inform you about the processing of your personal data in the context of the use of the website www.emi.ro. (“Website”)
Categories of Personal Data Processed
EMI may process personal data that you provide voluntarily or involuntarily as a visitor to the Website. The categories of personal data processed depend on the nature of your interaction with the Website.
EMI processes personal data entered by you on the Website when you:
- visit the sections available on the Website (e.g., IP address – data that you provide involuntarily);
- fill in the contact form available on the Website (e.g., name, surname, company you represent, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information you enter in the “Message” field);
Separately, EMI processes personal data that you voluntarily provide when you send an e-mail to the Company’s addresses available in the “Contact” section:
Purposes and Grounds for Processing
If you are a visitor to the Website, EMI processes your personal data as follows:
- to contact you/respond to your requests via the contact form or, where appropriate, via an e-mail sent to one of the above addresses;
- for handling grievances, complaints, and inquiries to EMI;
- to monitor traffic and improve your Website experience.
The processing of your data for these purposes is based on EMI’s legitimate interest in ensuring the proper functioning of the Website, as well as continuously improving the experience of visitors to the Website, including by addressing various requests, questions, or complaints.
Your refusal to provide data for this purpose will have no negative consequences for you.
If we intend to use your personal data for a purpose other than that for which it was collected, we will inform you in advance of the secondary purpose and provide you with any further information required under the GDPR.
Duration for Which We Process Your Data
As a matter of principle, EMI will process your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the fulfillment of the processing purposes mentioned above.
The personal data of data subjects who fill in the contact form or send e-mails to e-mail addresses belonging to EMI will be deleted, as a matter of principle, if not necessary, immediately after sending a reply/providing information to the applicant.
Concerning the data provided through cookies, we invite you to read the Cookies Policy, a document informing you about the existence of cookies and the duration of data storage through them.
Disclosure of Personal Data
For the fulfillment of processing purposes, EMI may disclose your data to partners, third parties, or entities that support EMI in carrying out its business through the Website (e.g., IT service providers), or to central/local public authorities, in the following cases listed by way of example:
- for the administration of the Website;
- where disclosure of personal data is required by law/necessary based on a request from an authorized body.
Whenever we use sub-processors, acting either as data controllers or processors, we ensure that the requirements set out in the GDPR are met and that your personal data is processed appropriately.
In principle, your personal data will not be transmitted to a third country or an international organization. In any case, such transmission takes place only based on standard contractual clauses or based on your express consent and taking into account the implementation of appropriate safeguards for the transfer of personal data.
We collaborate with several social networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. The plug-in establishes a direct connection between your browser and the servers of those social networks. We do not influence the type and extent of data that the plug-in transfers to the social media servers.
Given that the Website has a section on the recruitment of new employees to the EMI team, any documents sent to this effect to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or any other address belonging to the company (CVs, documents proving studies, such as diplomas, qualifications) will be deleted within a maximum of 10 days from the date of their registration.
Any candidate will be informed of the data processed in the recruitment process in an appropriate manner utilizing the form provided by EMI.
Under the conditions laid down in the legislation on the processing of personal data, as a data subject, you have the following rights:
- The right to information, i.e., the right to receive details of the processing activities carried out by EMI as described in this document;
- The right of access to the data, i.e., the right to obtain confirmation from EMI about the processing of personal data, as well as details of the processing activities, such as how the data are processed, the purpose for which the processing is carried out, the recipients or categories of recipients of the data, etc;
- The right to rectification, i.e., the right to have inaccurate/unjustified personal data corrected by EMI without undue delay and to have incomplete data completed. The rectification/completion will be communicated to each recipient to whom the data was transmitted unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate efforts.
- The right to erasure of data without undue delay (“right to be forgotten”) if one of the following grounds applies:
- it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- where consent is withdrawn and there is no other legal basis for processing;
- if the data subject objects to the processing and there are no compelling legitimate grounds;
- where personal data has been unlawfully processed;
- where personal data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation;
- personal data has been collected in connection with the provision of information society services under Union or national law governing the controller.
It is possible that, following the request for deletion of the data, EMI may anonymize this data (thus depriving it of its personal nature) and continue under these conditions to process it for statistical purposes in the legitimate interest.
- The right to restrict processing to the extent that:
- the person disputes the accuracy of the data for a period that allows us to verify the accuracy of the data;
- the processing is unlawful and the data subject objects to the erasure of the personal data and requests instead that its use be restricted;
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for processing, but the data subject requests it for establishing, exercising, or defending a legal claim; or
- the data subject has objected to the processing (other than for direct marketing purposes), for the period of time during which it is verified whether the legitimate rights of the controller prevail over those of the data subject.
- The right to data portability, i.e., (i) the right to receive personal data in a structured, commonly used, and readable format, and (ii) the right to have such data transferred by EMI to another data controller, provided that the conditions laid down by law are met;
- The right to object – concerning processing activities may be exercised by submitting a request as indicated below;
- at any time, for reasons relating to the data subject’s particular situation, that data relating to him/her is processed based on the legitimate interest of EMI or based on the public interest, except where EMI can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights, and freedoms of data subjects or for establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim;
- at any time, free of charge and without any justification, that data concerning him/her be processed for direct marketing purposes.
- The right not to be subject to an automated individual decision, i.e., the right not to be subject to a decision taken solely based on automated processing activities, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning the data subject or otherwise significantly affects him/her;
- The right to address the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing (www.dataprotection.ro) or the competent courts, if you consider it necessary.
The rights listed above are not absolute. There are exceptions, which is why each request received will be examined to decide whether it is justified or not. If the request is grounded, we will facilitate the exercise of your rights. If the request is not grounded, we will reject it, but we will inform you of the reasons for such rejection and of your right to file a complaint with the ANSPDCP or the competent courts.
For any further questions on how personal data is processed and to exercise the above-mentioned rights, please contact the Company by sending a written request to the EMI correspondence address at 18 Libertatii Blvd., Bl. 104, Sc. 1, Et. 6, Ap. 12, Sector 5, Bucharest, Postal Code 050706. The data subject is kindly requested to insert on the envelope/at the beginning of the contact form a mention such as “Data Protection”, “GDPR”/similar mentions.
We will try to reply to your request within 30 days. However, the deadline may be extended per the GDPR, depending on the complexity of the request, the large number of requests received in that period, or the inability to identify you on time.
If we make every effort and we are unable to identify you or you do not provide us with additional information to identify you, we are not obliged to respond to your request.
We reserve the right to update or modify the Policy at any time, so you should check this Policy periodically. Your continued use of the Website after we post any changes to the Policy on this page constitutes your acknowledgment and, implicitly, your agreement to abide by this Policy as modified.
Last updated: 2023